The Hex design and geometry allows riders to benefit from the compact and maneuverable geometry of our famous 24″ frames, but with the associated benefits that come with 26″ wheels (such as increased stability and familiarity for traditional MTB riders).
The front of the frame features an upgraded butted tubeset to help increase strength even further and is complemented by using external top and down tube gussets.
The Hex features a hollow bottom bracket and chainstay yoke (similar to that found on the top-of-the-range Skye V3.5 frame) which has been designed to offer excellent clearance for both the tire and the chainring. The custom design increases stiffness and strength at this important area and the internal CNC machining means the weight has been reduced significantly. A 12mm bolt through axle, which screws into a custom tapered insert within the frame dropout, ensures that everything stays in place no matter what you throw at it.
The frame and fork feature reinforced ‘post mount’ disc brake mounts (fits 180mm rotors) thereby removing the need for additional brake caliper adaptors. The rear of the bike features an exclusive-design seat and chainstay tubing to improve crank and heel clearance. The frame disc mount is a single, hollow component formed with the dropout to ensure perfect alignment and maximum strength. The custom-shaped dropouts and integrated tensioner mount maintain the clean and stylish look of the frame.
The Hex Pro fork features a tapered steerer and innovative crown construction for improved durability and reduced weight. A 15mm through-axle keeps things firmly in place and adds plenty of stiffness while the countersunk design helps to keep things low profile and out of the way. Furthermore, increased tire clearance at the fork crown area gives better clearance when routing the front brake hose through the steerer tube.
The Hex Pro 26″ complete bike is built with a range of top quality Inspired, Trialtech, and Truvativ products. Upfront is an Inspired Pro riser bar with Trialtech stem and FSA taper headset. Truvativ Descendant crankset with a KMC chain, Trialtech platform pedals, and a Sport Single-Sided sprung chain tensioner provide a tough and dependable drive set. Available as standard with Magura MT4 brakes, braking is powerful but easily controlled. The wheels use Inspired Pro V2 rims built on to a pair of Inspired’s super-smooth bolt through disc hubs front and rear with Maxxis Holy Roller tires.
Also available with Hope Tech 3 – Trial Zone or Magura MT7 HC3 brake upgrade packages.
Available in Satin Silver only.
Frame and Forks
– Frame: Inspired Hex 26″, 12mm bolt through axle, Satin Silver
– Forks: Inspired Hex Pro, Taper 1.5″ steerer, 15mm bolt through axle, Satin Silver
– Front Hub: Inspired Disc V2, 15mm bolt through axle, 32h, 100mm wide, Satin Black
– Rear Hub: Inspired Disc V2, 12mm bolt through axle, 32h, 135mm wide, Satin Black
– Chain Tensioner: Trialtech Sport Single-Sided Sprung, Black
– Rims: Inspired Pro V2 Disc, 26″, Satin Black
– Tires: Maxxis Holy Roller 26 x 2.4″
– Brake Set: Magura MT4 180mm Disc, Black or Hope Tech 3 – Trial Zone 180mm Disc, Black (Optional Extra) or Magura MT7 HC3 180mm Disc, Black (Optional Extra)
– Cranks: Truvativ Descendant 7K DUB, 175mm, Satin Black
– Front Sprocket: Inspired 22T Descendant Integrated V2
– Chain: KMC Z1eHX-N
– Rear Sprocket: Trialtech Sport 18T, 72 engagement
– Pedals: Trialtech Race Platform, Black
– Bottom Bracket: Truvativ DUB
– Bashring: Inspired Descendant Integrated V2, Satin Black
– Saddle: Inspired Integrated Kevlar, Black
– Seatpost: Inspired Integrated
– Seat Clamp: Inspired, 31.8mm, Black
– Headset: FSA, 1-1/8″ Integral Upper, 1.5″ Standard Lower, Satin Black
– Stem: Trialtech Sport, 90mm x 35˚, Satin Black
– Grips: Lizard Skins ‘MacAskill’ Rubber, Black
– Handlebars: Inspired Pro Riser, Satin Black
– Wheelbase: 1023mm
– Chainstay: 380mm
– BB Height: +20mm
– Head Angle: 73.5˚
– 10.98kg (including pedals and Magura MT4 brakes)